, a Windows XP visual style inspired by the default themes of Windows XP, Vista and 7.
To use this theme you need to patch a system file called uxtheme.dll. Download and run this application
or use another patch of your choice. When you have patched uxtheme.dll place the msstyle in a suitable folder (C: or something) and run it.Bugs:
Before reporting any bugs try and think of and explanation why the bug occurs and don't immediately assume it's a problem with the theme. I took a few shortcuts when creating this theme therefore some stuff might not be skinned properly, this because these images are very rarely used. Shellstyle:
Not included. If you want one I recommend downloading this...Ambient Shellstyle
by ~Gelosea Compact Mode:
Yes, included. Large Icon Support:
Yes, but you need to select the Large Icon option in the Font Size list. Modifications:
Only for personal use. Ports:
• Vista: [link]
• Win 7: n/a
• Win 8: [link]
• Linux: No. Application Skins:
Go for it.Change Log:
v1.2.2 - 2009-02-22
• Support for large start menu icons. If you use large icons select this option in the Font Size list.
• Fixed small issue on the Classic captionbar.
v1.2.1 - 2009-02-22
• Fixed color for labels on the toolbar.
v1.2 - 2009-02-22
• Added alternative window style. (Classic)
• New start menu design.
• Removed right white line on tab page, causing issue with tabs aligned right.
• Fixed issue on the tray area.
• Fixed unintentional light on taskbar buttons and grouped taskbar buttons.
• Made some minor changes to separators on the toolbar and statusbar.
• Changed color of the explorerbar background.
v1.1.3 - 2009-02-09:
• Fixed rare right tab issue.
v1.1.2 - 2009-02-06:
• Fixed small issue with help button position.
v1.1.1 - 2009-02-02:
• Fixed issues with captionbuttons and scrollbars in compact mode.
• Fixed Windows Explorer link color.
v1.1.0 - 2009-02-01:
• Added Compact mode. (Thanks Gelosea for helping)
• Fixed gouped task menu margins.
• Fixed some more margins overlooked on the vertical taskbar.
v1.0.2 - 2009-02-01:
• Fixed left margin for arrow glyph on taskbar.
• Fixed some margins for buttons that where overlooked on the taskbar.
v1.0.1 - 2009-01-31:
• Fixed the All Programs selection on the start menu.
Wallpaper image used in the preview: [link]
The user picture is from this image:Wind Waker Aryll And Link
• The theme is too bright. Can you make it darker?
- This is because this theme was created on an old CRT monitor. If you use a LCD colors will look brighter and more saturated. And since I don't have a monitor like this at the moment I can't fix it.
• The icons on the startmenu is cut in half.
- Yes, you have the Large Icons option enabled. You need to select this option in the Font Size list for the theme as well. Note that the icons on the right should not be visible in this theme by design.
• Are you going to create a black version?